Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Day #2 and my friend Laney

Gift #2

This was our super cute gift for the day!  Though they are not paleo, I did eat them!  


My Friend Laney:


Today at lunch I checked my phone and saw that I had a text message from my friend Laney.  She is an awesome teacher in Aldine and works with some pretty tough kids.  I love to listen to the stories she tells about her kids.  They are some of the funniest I have ever heard.  Back to the point...so I check my phone and find this amazing poem she has written me:

I cried today thinking of Brittany Brady 
And how after she turned Houck her whole life was shady.
For she now lives with a man and always talks about her tan.
She loves to sing and listen for her paleo in the oven as it dings.  
I love my friend Brittany Brady because her last name rhymes with shady.

On a side note, Laney is sometimes forgetful and she sometimes forgets that I am now a Houck and she still calls me Brady.  I was so excited and literally laughed out loud when I read it because it was super funny.  She said, "I was literally like I am going to send Brittany a poem and 2 minutes later...voila!"  Laney, you rock!  I love you so much and I am excited to hang out with you when our lives are not busy this summer!  (Yeah for being a teacher!)

P.S.  Laney also had a brilliant idea that I am blogging about so that I won't forget.  She told me I should make a recipe book of all the Paleo things I have made.  I told her that when we decide to go on our next mission trip that we will do just that.  Make a recipe book and sell it to earn money for our mission trip!  Love you Lanesters!

No comments:

Post a Comment