Friday, May 4, 2012

Vulnerability

It has been quite awhile since I have blogged and mainly because I have been seriously exhausted every time I come home.  I usually work out and then cook dinner and then I have no more energy left.  I decided this morning that I would do a follow up on my last post about Memorizing Scripture and write a discuss what God has been teaching me.  As far as the scripture goes, I am still working on it.  I have it written down and I will be continually practicing this.  I have not yet mastered it, but I will keep you updated.

I have probably also not taken time to blog lately because I feel a bit like a failure and by blogging about it, it makes me vulnerable.  I know these are lies straight from Satan, but I still feel like it.  Because I will be working at a new school next year, I feel as if in some way I am failing my kids, my coworkers, and even my boss.  I have such a heart for the kids that I have taught in the past and it is such a joy to be working with all of these people.  With all that does come times where I just want to give up and quit, but usually more often than not.  Sometimes I know I say things that I really don't mean and then I think, "Why did I even say that?"  I look at my friends who teach and see what an awesome job they are doing and I look at both of my mom's and see what they are doing and the list can go on.  Then I look at what I am doing and that's moving to a new school.

If I truly listen to the lies I begin to feel like a failure.  However, when I stop listening to those and really hone in on what God has called me to do I begin to see the light.  I don't know what this journey is going to entail and it is a bit scary for both Michael and I.  It's a good scare though.  We are excited and we are equipped and we are ready.  I don't need to compare myself to other people.  God doesn't like that.  He has made each and every one of us unique and he knows what each and every one of us needs.  He will always be there meet our needs as individual as they are.  I am still struggling with this as the school year winds downs.  If you could pray for me, I would greatly appreciate that!

Best QUOTE of the week:
I walked into the Kindergarten pod to let my kids get a drink of water after recess.  One of the cutest little boys came up to me and said, "Hi Mrs. Houck!"  "Hi there handsome", I replied back.  He was deep in conversation and just rambling on.  Finally he lifts up his hair on one side of his head by his hear.  He says to me, "I have one big ear and one little ear".  So I look and sure enough he does.  Before I could even comment on this he was quick to say, "You know why?  Because God made me like that and He loves me!"   I was blown away and tears welled up in my eyes right away.  He is precious!  More importantly he is right! God did make him special and God does love him.  Just like He loves each and everyone of us!

Lord, help me to live like this child and to be proud of who You have made me to be and where You are taking us as a family.  I want to come to Your feet like the faith of those in children.  Help me to not compare myself to anyone, but to look to You and Your word instead.

2 comments: