Sunday, July 29, 2012

Trust

Vacation is a wonderful thing and I enjoyed ours thoroughly, however, I am glad to be back home.  We have been traveling a lot this summer and we just got back from our 2 week long vacation.  From New York to Washington D.C., I feel like we have traveled to Africa and back.  Obviously that is not the case, but we did take lots of transportation in getting to all these places.  

God has taught us a lot through these last two weeks and the major theme is TRUST.  I think I have blogged about trust before and I am thinking that it will be a common theme of our life.  Our Christian faith is based on trust!  It's about not relying on our own self and what we think we can handle, but seeking God and asking Him what He wants us to do and then following through with it yet still relying on Him.  

I just finished reading Numbers this morning and I would say that the major common theme is trust.  The jist of this book covers the Israelites leaving Egypt and wandering in the desert.  Moses gave orders for twelve men (one from each tribe) to go spy on the promised land.  They go and do just that, but when they come back they were so scared of what they saw that they gave an inaccurate view of the land!  Caleb was the only one who was bold enough to take a stand and tell the others and the entire community that they could do it!  He took a very bold stand for the Lord and yet no one listened to him.  Because of their lack of faith and trust in God, they were made to wander in the desert for 39 years.  The ENTIRE book of Numbers!  Thirty six chapters!  They also were not allowed to go into the promised land.  Any man aged twenty or older was killed off during the time in the desert and they couldn't see what God had promised.

I think about my life in comparison to the Israelites.  Do I trust God?  Is it evident to others?  Am I honoring God in all that I say and do?  I know I am not perfect and I won't be until I get to Heaven, but when I die I want people to think of me as a woman of great character.  One who honors the Lord with all my heart, soul, and mind.  I want to be remembered as a loving, giving, serving person.  

Lord, you know my heart and you know my desires.  I know that without You, nothing is possible.  So I ask that You would be the center of my life and evident in it.  Lord let Your will be done and not mine.  Teach me what it is to trust You with all that I have.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment