Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Trusting cont...

I am not sure how to begin this blog, but I think the title sums it up.  We are again in a season of trusting and I am beginning to think that this is exactly how God wants us to live.

While we were on vacation, Michael and I were both presented with some decisions to make.  We took a day off to really press into Him and seek what He wanted from us.  A little buildup to this is that I have been wrestling with the idea of not being in Austin with Michael when he goes with Steve in January.  We had discussed back in March that I would just live with the in-laws and work my three days for Legacy and then go back to Austin.  I started having some restless nights the last few weeks due to this.  My heart just wasn't at peace.

So I spoke with Michael and we began to seek the Lord.  I continued to not be at ease with everything!  I didn't want to leave my job because I have always taught and I have really been looking forward to working at Legacy.  Teaching is something that I am super passionate about and I simply just enjoy it.  I also didn't want to risk my integrity by not fulfilling my commitment for the entire year as well as or to just up and quit before the school year even started.  That just isn't the kind of person I am or that I want to be.  We continued to pray about it.

While I was dealing with this Michael was also pressed with some issues about his work.  His contract was going to be up at the end of the month with Resolute.  He is going to start graduate school in the fall and we know that we need to up our game with Mr. Steve Toth.  As Michael began talking with some current chief of staffs he realized he needed to get to work soon!  Work, campaign, and graduate school all added into a very short time period would make for a very tired husband.

I am not one to cry a lot and I know that is mostly due to pride, however, I spend several nights in tears over these issues because I just didn't know what to do.

Now we come to our time we took off while on vacation.  It was hard to not hang out with the family, but we knew that we needed to really press into the Lord.  So we spent time praying and reading the Word and praying some more.  The Lord is good!  I really felt like I needed to send an email to Legacy and share with them my heart.  So, I did that.  I got a response the next day and I was overwhelmed at how the conversation went.  They had prayed about it and completely saw the purity of my heart in wanting to be with my husband as well as grateful that I spoke with them now before the year got started.  They had contacted someone else who had interviewed and were going to offer her my job.  I got a call the next day and she had taken the job and all was well with Legacy!  My biggest concern was that Legacy wouldn't look at me like I was a flake or that I was non-committal and that there was no bad blood.  They were completely honest with me and said they were sad that I wasn't going to be working for them, but they would love to hire me in the future.  There is not bad blood on any part.

On Michael's side of the story, he felt as if he needed to end our time with Resolute so that he could focus on school and on Steve.  He got some very specifics from the Lord and let's just say it was sweet time!

Where do we go from here?  We continue to trust God!  We have money saved up that could last us a year or so and we know and trust that again God is in control.  We will technically only live on savings for 4 months in this transition period.  Once we get to Austin, we will be getting paid.  And just by the grace of God we will be taken care of!

My hope and prayer is that no one will look at us and judge us for this or tell us we are wrong.  We are confident that God is in this and that we are doing what He wants!

I ask for those of you who read this to pray for us.  We are going to continue to trust that God is in control and seek Him and we ask that you would do the same.  Thank you to those who read and who will be in prayer with us during these next few months!

Much love,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Sweet sis-in-law! You make me smile. I love how you're seeking the Lord and living to please him. I find it very cool how God is working all of this out for your good and His glory. The fear of man brings a snare, so don't worry about what anyone will think of you- just honor and serve God! I've also noticed that sometimes when we serve Him wholeheartedly, it rubs people the wrong way. Now, we can rub people the wrong way because we're sinning against them and not walking biblically, but we can also rub people the wrong way by simply obeying God. I just think about the Bible and all the crazy things God had his children do- and they did it without the fear of man! So - I'm thankful all of this happened and I love you so much! Be encouraged and keep trusting Jesus with every fiber of your being!!!!

    ReplyDelete