Thursday, August 2, 2012

Chic-fil-what?

I, too, am going to blog about this crazy Chic-fil-a business.  I have read so many different blogs about this, that, and the other and I just am so dazed and confused it's not even funny.  It is very heavy on my heart and I am not sure why so I hope that blogging about it will help.

Yes, I went to Chic-fil-a yesterday with my sweet husband for lunch.  There was a very long line as there always is at lunch time yet we didn't wait very long for our food.  Nothing abnormal anyways.  Chic-fil-a at lunch is ALWAYS crowded.  I mean ALWAYS.

Side note...I took my younger sisters there a few weeks ago after we went and saw Madagascar 3.  We went to the one down on the feeder road of 45 in Spring (by Splashtown) and there were 3 people outside directing traffic!  I waited in that long line for 15 minutes on the feeder road!  That's what I call waiting.  Anyways...back to the story.

We enjoyed a meal with each other and watching all the kiddo's around us.  (There were a ton of kids)  We didn't go to this place with the intent of not loving people.  In fact, it was quite the opposite.  We generally go out to eat with the intention of loving people.  We ask others how we can pray for them while we are eating or ask our waitress/waiter how we can pray for them.  This is not me trying to be super spiritual or put myself on a pedestal.  Our pastor, Jeff Wells, really encourages us to love those around us and to share Jesus with them. Our mission as a church and as a family is to Love Jesus, Journey Together, and Bring Hope to the World.  Michael and I have adopted this for our family because it is exactly what Jesus did.

The bottom line though is that I am not Jesus and I am not perfect.  I am a wretched sinner.  I forget things, I judge, I talk harshly to my husband, I don't always stand for truth, I say ugly things and........I could go on and on.  You get the point.  I am HUMAN!!  I will never be perfect here on this earth!  I sin, I recognize my sin, and then I ask God and whomever I sinned against to forgive me.  I move on and try to live more like Christ.

Since being married to Michael I have learned that it is OK to stand for truth.  That is what I want to do.  However, I want to try and stand for truth in LOVE because that is how Jesus lived and wants us to live.  I mess up.  I hurt people.  If it hadn't been for Jesus seeking out my heart some 13 years ago I would still be lost and broken.  Truth is if I don't continue to seek His truths and His will then I will do my own thing and life as I know it would be a scary place.

So eating at Chic-fil-a yesterday was to buy my vote so to speak.  I simply went to say, "Yes a marriage should be between a man and a woman as God designed it."  I apologize if it offends anyone because that is not my intention.  I choose to love those around me even when we think, believe, or act differently.  Life is about choice.  I choose to stand for truth in love and will continue to do so.

Loving others is the job that I want to be in.

Lord, help me and guide me.  Teach me to love like You do.  Amen.


2 comments: