Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Snickerdoodles

Tonight I found myself having a very bad aversion to cooking and food.  I tried to make some almond flour tortilla's and that didn't work out so well.  My husband was so kind and made it like a sandwich instead and dinner was still great.  After dinner, I was browsing Pinterest and found this recipe from The Urban Poser on Snickerdoodles!  They turned out pretty good!  I do think when I make them again I will add some coconut palm sugar to the cookie batter though...they weren't sweet enough for me.

Snickerdoodles

Ingredients:
2 cups almond flour
a scant less than a ¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup honey (and this is where I would want it sweeter so I add an extra ¼ cup of raw cane sugar or coconut palm sugar)
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

Cinnamon coating:
3-4 tbsp. coconut palm sugar
3-4 tbsp. cinnamon

Instructions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350°
2.  In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients; mix together well. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey and vanilla. Add the liquid ingredients to the almond flour mixture and mix till combined. 
3.  Combine the coconut palm sugar and the ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
4.  Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop out the dough, then gently form into a ball. Roll in, or sprinkle all sides with, the cinnamon mixture. Place the balls of cookie dough on baking sheet, about 3 inches apart. 
5.  Using the palm of your hand, slightly flatten each cookie. 
6.  Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes. Leave cookies on the cookie sheet while cooling. They may seem under-baked at first, but they will firm up to just the right texture as they cool.






No comments:

Post a Comment