Sunday, August 5, 2012

Apple Chicken

Since being on vacation, I haven't had much time to actually cook.  Tonight Michael asked me if I would like to find a new recipe to make for dinner.  I jumped on it and found this lovely recipe.  I have to say that I was excited about it until I started cooking it.  Then I was not going to eat it at all once I started cooking it.  However, my lovely husband came into the kitchen and told me how wonderful it smelled and was he was really excited to try it.  It was WAY delicious!  He even asked me to make it again this week which I will gladly do.  I enjoyed it as well.  I am going to put it over some cauliflower rice!  Enjoy!

Apple Chicken (borrowed from Paleo Plan)
Ingredients:
2 (4-6oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or use leftover chicken from another meal)
1/4 tsp sea salt (optional)
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs coconut oil
1 large apple
1/2 tsp cinnamon or allspice

Directions:
1.  Dice Chicken breasts.  Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper then set aside.
2.  Heat a medium saute pan over medium-high heat.  Add coconut oil when hot.
3.  Add diced chicken and cook until slightly pink (about 150° F)
4.  Grate the apple into the saute pan.
5.  Add cinnamon.
6.  Continue to cook until the chicken is done and apple is tender.
7.  Serve over bed of cauliflower rice.

If you try this, let me know what you think :)
Chop up the cauliflower into chunks and place in food processor. 

This is what cauliflower rice looks like.  

Here is the seasoned chicken ready to go into the skillet.

An apple with the grater.  I used the biggest setting on this as you see in the picture.

The final product!  Another delicious meal!

2 comments:

  1. Ok...I will make it again one night this week and I'll update it. I'll let you know when I do! It was really tasty!

    ReplyDelete