Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Leather Seats

It's a love/hate relationship.  Or rather a hate/love relationship.  In the summer.

Texas summers are incredibly scorching and profoundly smothering.  I enjoy it.  When I am at the pool, that is.  So today I got in my car after leaving my friend Carol Jones' house.  Without even thinking about it I sat down in my car.  I wanted to scream!  As soon as my legs touched the seats, they were burning because the sun had made my leather seats very hot.

As I drove home from there I thought a lot about this love/hate or hate/love relationship.  I really enjoy leather seats.  In the winter time they heat up for me.  Although we don't have much of a winter, it is a nice addition.  Another reason why I love leather seats is because if you spill anything on them just wipe it right off.  For those of you who know me know that I have a tendency to leave my Nalgene slightly open.  Therefore, my water spills often.

Summertime leather seats, though, are not so much fun.  They hurt my legs when I am wearing shorts.  It made me think today.  If I were to buy a new car, would I want leather seats?  YES!  Of course I would do it again.

You see, the reason I would buy a car with leather seats again is because the good heavily outweighs the bad.

I kind of feel like that's my life right now.  I am in the midst of some "hot seats" so to speak.  People sometimes don't get why Michael and I are taking faith steps in trusting God in what He has called us to do.  We are completely dependent on Him right now and I know that He has us right where he wants us.

I do believe that it will cool down though.  That God has something in store for us that we can't even fathom or think of or describe right now.  That's pretty cool in itself if you stop and think about it.

I would choose to do this season all over again if I had to.  Why?  Because it challenges me to go deeper with my Papa God.  And I love that He gives me a challenge.  Don't you?

Father, teach me to be content and satisfied with the "hot seats" that you have me in right now.  Teach me to trust and obey what You have called me to do.  Teach me to not be concerned with tomorrow, but focus on today.  To listen what You would have me to do and to walk in what You call me to walk.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. you know those 30 sec things on KSBJ from the women at Proverbs 31 ministries? Most of the time, I really like them. I think you could do that.

    ReplyDelete