Friday, September 7, 2012

Satisfied

This simple word can reflect so many different meanings.

Did you have enough for dinner and are you satisfied?

Are you satisfied with that new job?

How is that car working for you?  Are you satisfied with the purchase?

But what about with our walk with God.  Are we satisfied with what we are doing or are we seeking Him and what He wants to continue in us?

I am learning what it means to be satisfied in Him and in all things during this time of quietness in my life.  Food, work, church, prayer, ministry, friends, husband, family, and the list goes on.  I believe that being satisfied doesn't mean that we give up and accept the state of life we are in.  No.  I don't think that's what God would have for us or that He wants.

Instead I believe that being satisfied means we recognize the place we are and choose joy in the midst of it.  Let me say that again.  We recognize the place we are in and we choose joy in the midst.

1 Peter 5:5-7 says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time, casting all your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 

This verse has reared it's face several times over the past week and I want to press into it more.  Michael and I are attending a Prayer Conference today and tomorrow and, like I said, here the verse was again.  Although I got sick and went home a little early and slept for 4 hours, I went back last night and was moved by an amazing testimony.  God is good!  

I believe that if we as a body of believers choose to humble ourselves and cast all our anxiety on him, that He will exalt us in His time.  Our pastor Jeff said it well.  These two verses go together.  Some translations split it up into two sentences, but I agree that these two go together.  

I urge you, along with myself, to try and be satisfied with the things we have been given.  That we enter into His courts with thanksgiving and praise so that He may be exalted and glorified.

Lord, teach me what it means to be satisfied.  Teach me to be in awe of today and not live for tomorrow.  Teach me humility and how to walk in that.  Teach me, Lord.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment