Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My friend Allison came over and we were discussing food and recipes as we are both newlyweds and I was telling her all about our Paleo lifestyle.  I also had a bit of a sweet tooth so we decided to make some chocolate chip cookies!  I got this recipe from the back of the Honeyville Farms bag of almond flour.  After trying several recipes, I have come to LOVE this one!  Very tasty and enjoy :)

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 ½ cups Blanched Almond Flour
  • ½ tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
  • ½ tsp. baking soda
  • ½ cup grapeseed oil (but I use coconut oil)
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • ½ cup agave nectar
  • 1 cup dark chocolate (but I use semi-sweet ghirardelli)

Directions:
  1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry.
  4. Form ½ inch balls and press onto a non-stick baking sheet.
  5. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes.  
  6. Cool and serve.


2 comments:

  1. I've tried her recipe, and they are excellent! I love the idea of keeping them chilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make a great breakfast dessert if you keep them chilled and dip them in your tea or coffee! Enjoy and thanks for the comment Mendy!

    ReplyDelete