Saturday, June 9, 2012

Final on Exodus

As I am finishing the last few chapters in Exodus, I am learning how details are so very important to God.  Two things stick out and I wanted to share them because it makes me think about how intricately God cares about the details in my life.

Exodus 28: 31-35
The Robe
"You are to make the robe of the ephod entirely of blue yarn.  There should be an opening at its top in the center of it.  Around the opening, there should be a woven collar with an opening like that for body armor so that it does not tear.  Make pomegranates of blue, purple and scarlet yarn on its lower hem and all around it.  Put gold bells between them all the way around, so that gold bells and pomegranates alternate around the lower hem of the robe.  The robe must be worn by Aaron whenever he ministers, and its sound will be heard when he enters the sanctuary before the Lord and when he exits, so that he does not die."

A little context to this is that God has given the ten commandments recently and has been given serious details about what the Israelites should and should not do as well as details on how to construct the tabernacle.  I haven't found it that interesting to read through because it is a little challenging to understand, but what I did learn is how God is so detailed oriented.  Think about this scripture of the robe that is above.  This is the robe that Aaron is going to wear.  This is JUST the robe and look at how many details God puts in there!  God says, and I paraphrase, make sure that you leave an opening so that when he puts it on over his armor it doesn't tear or rip and make sure that you get the hem just right with these different colors of pomegranates.  And oh yeah, make sure that you alternate the bells in between pomegranates so that when you walk into the most Holy place that you don't die!  Wait, what?!?  Yeah, God wanted to make sure that when Aaron walked into the temple that He could hear him and not kill him.  Does anyone else find this interesting?  God so deeply cares about the details of life!  I mean, I get that God knows me and knit me and cares about me, but he cares so much about the details of me and what is going on with my life that He wants to hear me and listen, love on me, speak to me, teach me, guide and lead me, direct me, and so much more.  Not because I am this great and mighty person, but because HE is the great and mighty God.  For His glory and not mine!

God is good and I am grateful that He loves me down to the very fiber of my being!

Father, thank you for graciously loving each and every detail of my life.  To the food I eat, the clothes I wear, the things that I do.  Thank you for caring about who Your daughter is and all the ends and outs of me.  I pray that each person reading this would know that You love them in this manner as well.  God, teach me to rely on You and You alone!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment