Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Indiana, Chicago, Blueberry Farm, and much more...

I haven't written out a blog in a long time because we have been busy traveling!  As soon as school got out Michael and I took a road trip to my hometown to visit my family.  We had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed spending time with family and friends.  All of the aunts and uncles came to Grandma June's house on Sunday evening for Grandma's cooking!  Then Aunt Shawn, Uncle Jeff, and Becca got to go to Turkey Run which is a state park up there and is absolutely beautiful!  My cousin, Rebecca, wanted to take us on the hike of the Punch Bowl.  So we took about a 2 mile hike around Turkey Run.  We were slightly unprepared because my grandma had said that it was warm, but somehow got cold when we got there.  This cold front was really cold for us warm Texas folk!  I didn't even pack any jeans so that left us with no other choice than to go shopping!  I bought a pair of jeans (and its a good thing cause none of mine fit anymore) and my aunt Shawn bought me a dress and a few shirts.  Grandma June bought me a cute little shirt as well!  Aunt Patti, Uncle Mark, Melissa, Mike, and Olivia helped keep our time occupied as well.  You are never short on laughter at their house.  I remember all the fun times we had with them growing up and I sure do miss not being close anymore.  Michael and I drove about 45 minutes toward Indianapolis to meet my best friend from childhood, Anna!  She didn't have her boys with her, thanks to her in-laws, and we got to chat for several hours!  It's fun to catch up with her!  Next time, maybe Matt could come too and maybe Michael won't have to work :/ Thanks y'all for making our time so enjoyable and taking time off to spend with us!

We left Terre Haute to go visit my mentor and dear friend Marcina.  I met her while she was living in Texas a few years back and was completely an answered prayer.  I remember talking to my friend Tiffany about needing a mentor and someone to speak into my life and she told me to write in a prayer request at church.  So I did and Vicki from church emailed me back telling me she was on it and that she would be praying for me.  Then this crazy lady decided she wanted to show up at our Single's ministry and what do ya know...she was from Indiana too!  I knew immediately that God had clearly answered my prayers!  It was such a blast loving on her, showing up at work, giving her flowers, concert downtown, and just relaxing!  Thanks for allowing us into your home and blessing us with Christ's love!

Back here in Texas, I have been busy reading.  Yep...that's right.  Sitting at the pool doing absolutely nothing but reading.  I also hang out with some friends, but mostly I have been reading.  Michael and I did go to Moorehead Blueberry farm in Conroe and picked almost 4 lbs. of fresh blueberries!  We took my in-laws dog with us, Bella, and had to give her a bath when we got home because she enjoyed those blueberries.  However, her white fur did not.

Last on the list to blog about tonight is the Woodlands Bride!  Our photographer from our wedding, Josh, and his wife, Meagan, came over last Friday night for coffee, dessert, and he told us that he had submitted our wedding to this blog.  I was very excited when I got a call from them asking for some information so she could post a little bit about our wedding!  Make sure you check out the link to this blog!  Thanks again Josh!

Below are some pictures from our events!  Hope you enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment