Friday, March 16, 2012

First Blog

I have decided after much debate, that I am going to start a blog!  I want to be able to share our life, the good and not so good, with family, friends, and anyone out there.  God is a big God and we want to do life with people.  I hope by sharing our life with others that they will draw nearer to Jesus.

Michael and I got married on October 23rd, 2011.  Our lives have been very fast paced and on the go since the day we met.  We both are very much work-a-holics.  Although this is a very good thing, it can also get in the way of relationships.  So in December we decided to get away from civilization and go camping!  This was such a great experience!  We had so much fun just being out in nature together, alone with God, and sleeping through a horrible thunderstorm.  (My mom-in-law tried to warn us both, but we turned off our phones :)  We discussed what our life long goals were and we also came up with a life verse for our family.  It is John 15:1-8.

It goes like this:
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vineyard keeper.  Every branch in Me that does not produce fruit He removes, and He prunes every branch that produces fruit so that it will produce more fruit.  You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in Me, and I in you.  Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me  I am the vine; you are the b ranches.  The one who remains in Me and I in Him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me.  If anyone does not remain in Me, he is thrown aside like a branch and he withers.  They gather them, throw them into the fire, and they are burned.  If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.  My Father is glorified by this: that you produce much fruit and prove to be My disciples."

We have chosen this verse because we want to be the branches that produce much fruit.  We want to glorify Him in all that we do.

I encourage you to live life like this and journey together with us as we seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment