Sunday, March 18, 2012

God is good!

Last night, Michael and I went over to hang out with Keely (Michael's mom).  We had a date night with her since Pops (Michael's dad) wasn't home.  They spent most of spring break week with Kalese and Ryan down in McAllen so we missed them!

I cooked some yummy Almond Encrusted Tilapia.  I was very proud of myself because I made this without using any almond flour.  Or at least purchased "normal" almond flour.  What I did was took some almonds and ground those with the Ninja!  And voila!  Homemade almond flour!  It wasn't quite the same, but it sure did taste good and turned out just fine.  We also had cauliflower mashed potatoes with some brussel sprouts.  Then I made some gluten free brownies!  It was quite nice to spend the evening with Mom and to make a good, healthy meal.  Thank you bloggers for posting recipes so our family can enjoy them too!

As I was cooking dinner, I was reading my friend Megan's blog and really felt encouraged.  Megan and her husband, Avery, pray before they go to bed.  So, as we went to bed last night Michael and I prayed with each other.  We often like to pray for things that are on our hearts as well as listen to anything that the Lord has to say.  Last night was a very sweet and intimate time with the Lord.  As we listened to the Lord, He spoke to us both and said, "Trust me!"  "I am in control and I want you to trust me!"  Isn't God good!  He knows us so much and knows that we have been challenged lately with some decisions that are not so easy financially in terms of what the world says.  We have both been praying that we can just release that and put feet to our faith.  We say we trust God, but do we really?  And if we do, then what does that look like?  How do you live life like that?

Then this morning was a great morning.  Since we spent the night at the big Houck house, we decided to have house church and spend some family time worshiping together.  (We were also going to see the new Lorax movie at 10:45 before Pops had to go to work...great movie by the way!)  So Kalen led us in some worship songs and then Pops read a scripture from Ephesians.  Ephesians 4: 26-27 says "Be angry and do not sin.  Don't let the sun go down on your anger and don't give the Devil an opportunity."  He told us a story of how he and Mom had a little communication error the day before and expressed how he had left frustrated and upset that he had hurt Mom, but not angry at her.  You see, the difference is that he was frustrated and angry, but he wasn't angry towards her.  Then he went on to tell us how, as soon as he got home, he sat down with Mom and talked through their communication error and apologized for their mis-communication.  I really enjoyed this time with our family this morning.  It wasn't long after that, that Michael and I were able to put what Pops talked about into practice.

Michael and I had a communication error that we quickly resolved once the movie was over.

Thank you Jesus for sweet family, friends, and a wonderful husband who loves me all the time!


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed yesterday too! The Lord reminded me that He answered my prayer from along time ago to one day have a Bible Study with the whole family! And it came to pass:o) (even though sadly, we were missing Kalese and Ryan!) i hope we worship & read together more often! Wouldnt that be cool if that became something normal we did just hanging out? I think so. Anyways, That was so sweet so thanks for sharing! Im excited for you & what Jesus is doing in you and Michaels life! I like that youre blogging. Love you sis!!!!

    ReplyDelete