Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Psalm 146

I was feeling kind of down this morning when I got up to do my quiet time.  I usually get up at 5:00 and spend an hour with the Lord, but this morning I didn't get up on time.  So, I didn't have my usual routine and that bothers me.  As I was journaling to the Lord I asked Him to help me not be so hard on myself as well as to be more disciplined in getting out of bed when the alarm goes off the first time.  I have also just finished up 1 Chronicles and I didn't feel like I got a whole lot from reading through it.  Overall, I was just feeling bummed.  So I asked God to just speak to me and I sat quietly listening.  He told me to read Psalm 146.  Here is what it says:

Psalm 146- "Hallelujah!  My soul, praise the Lord.  I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing to the Lord as I live.  Do not trust in nobles, in man, who cannot save.  When his breath leaves him, he returns to the ground; on that day his plans die.  Happy is the one whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God, the maker of heaven and earth, the sea and everything in them.  He remains forever, executing justice for the exploited and giving food to the hungry.  The Lord frees prisoners.  The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.  The Lord raises up those who are oppressed.  The Lord loves the righteous.  The Lord protects foreigners and helps the fatherless and the widow, but He frustrates the ways of the wicked.  The Lord reigns forever; Zion, your God reigns for all generations.  Hallelujah!"

After I finished reading this, I was incredibly encouraged.  I was amazed at how God just spoke clearly through that verse to again tell me to trust in Him and Him alone!  I read that verse to Michael and shared with him what God spoke to me about and he just laughed.  He said, "Did I tell you that I just read that verse 2 days ago?"  "Umm...no, I don't think so," was my reply.  He shared with me how God had used that verse to show him to trust Him more as well.

I am amazed at how God is at work in our lives all the time!  He may not always reveal His plan to us fully or when we think we need it, but He does have all things planned out and He reveals it in His timing.  A key verse that has been apart of our relationship is Romans 8:28 which says, "God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose."  I have to trust that since I have been called that God is going to work all things for my good.  It doesn't always say they will be perfect, but He does promise that it will be for my good.

Thank you Father for knowing what is good in my life and for revealing it to me at Your perfect time!


No comments:

Post a Comment