Monday, March 19, 2012

Power of Prayer

God is good!  Can I get an AMEN?  It's sort of hard to do that through a blog, but I am sure if you are reading this, you Amened with me :)  

Michael sent me this from Zig Ziglar today.  We have been really seeking God and asking for help with trusting Him.  I don't think it's a coincidence that he got this email today.  I read this as God saying, "Trust Me!"   

March 19, 2012 


Monday 
Psalm 118:6 
You, Lord, are for me, so I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? 

Tuesday 
Psalm 118:7 
Yes, You, Lord are for me; You will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me. 

Wednesday 
Psalm 118:8 
It is better to trust You, Lord, than to put confidence in people. 

Thursday 
Psalm 118:9 
It is better to trust You, Lord, than to put confidence in princes. 

Friday 
Psalm 118:10 
Though hostile nations surrounded me, I destroyed them all in Your name, Lord. 

This was at the bottom of the email:
Zingers
by Croft M. Pentz 
If you would attain greatness, think no little thoughts. 

Faith does not pray for bushels of blessings and then carry a pint measure to receive them.

Faith can never overdraw its account. 

Faith never looks to circumstances, but trods onward with its steadfast gaze on Christ. 

To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved. 

This is exactly what we need!  We need to stop saying we are going to trust God to take care of us, and just simply do it!  God is a big God and He knows what's best for us.  As long as we are focused on God and we seek Him and do our part in diligence, then God is going to take care of us.  Isn't that exciting?

I have been reading this book called The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian.  Amazing book, but it is taking me forever to read because it is so deep!  I read this quote in there this morning that says, "Love is diminished if we dwell on the negatives.  Love grows if we focus on the positives."  Isn't that a great quote?  I want to be a wife that has God's heart for my husband and one that is uplifting and encouraging.  I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" or a "Negative Nelly".  I want to be a wife, co-worker, friend, teacher, sister, daughter, etc. that builds people up instead of tears them down.  

Today, I was actually impressed at my students and how they jumped right back into a normal school day after having a week off for spring break.  We are in the final days before STAAR writing and this week is one of my most favorite weeks of teaching.  I do a Writing Camp and I try my hardest to cultivate an environment like camp.  The kids enjoy this as well and they get to work together on almost everything they do this week.  I am writing about my classroom to ask you to pray for them and that God would give them wisdom, knowledge, and the ability to retain that knowledge for the test next week.  It is one of our greatest honors as a teacher to pray for our students.  I am not always the best at this, but I do know that I have seen God work in ways that I never thought possible for those students that require some EG!  My good friend and mentor in life, Marcina, calls those people EGR's  or extra grace required! We all have people in our lives like this!  

Onto tonight...I came home and Michael and I jumped right into our workout!  Man, am I sore!  It was a great workout, but I am super sore.  Then, I cooked some delicious dinner.  Yes, I cooked again!  I am so excited!  Well, I do have to confess that we had leftover chicken because I had cooked too much the other night.  However, I did cook the cabbage that went along with our chicken and then the best part was our dessert!  I made the BEST PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!  Thank you Baker Gal!  These are the best cookies I have had so far on the paleo diet and I can't really tell a huge difference from regular chocolate chip cookies.  They were great!  

 
Thank you Jesus for such a great day!  I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment