Thursday, March 22, 2012

Today and church last night...

Let's begin with church last night.  It was FANTASTIC!!  I love Woodsedge and I especially love Wednesday night prayer.  The Spirit of God was totally present and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Ben and Ashley sage this song and I love it...it's on my new TOP 10:


I didn't blog last night because we got home and went to bed.  That brings us to today!  I still want to add something that happened yesterday at work.  My friend Jennifer Johnson and I were walking down the hall at school and she says, "It's so bright!" "WAHOOOOO!"  I started laughing because, although it was bright and we weren't used to that, it was really funny.  Normally the hallway lights in our school are only half on so that we save and conserve energy.  Yesterday, they were all on!  Teachers and kids alike were all talkign about it.  It was a big deal.  Super funny :)  Thanks for letting me share Jen!

On another note, God is continuing to show us how to trust Him and how to make the most of it all.  Today is the day that I got the chance to sign my contract, but I will not be signing it.  I have taken a position with another school called Legacy Christian Preparatory Academy.  It is a homeschooling co-op where kids come to school on Monday and Wednesday and then Tuesday and Thursday they are home-schooled.  It is a bitter-sweet time for me because I have had some of the most fun, challenging, exciting, hard, and just plain good times at my school.  I have lots of friends whom have watched me go from college and student teaching to being a professional.  I have built many relationships with parents, teachers, and co-workers.  I also know that there is a time for everything and a season for everything and my season at Williams is up.  I have worked there 5 years (almost 6 counting student teaching) and we are just at a place where God is leading us to something different.  I will miss it greatly, but trust that God is good and He will take care of us.   Looking forward to some exciting times at Legacy, though, as well!  I really enjoy the atmosphere there and I can't wait be to apart of their family.  

Michael and I also know that we are moving into a place where we would like to start a family in God's timing and when we do have children I will be staying at home.  I have dreamed about this for many years and I am excited about the future.  

In my quiet time, I started reading the book of Ruth.  I want to do a study on the woman of the Bible as my friend Megan is.  She inspired me!  It has been good and very interesting.  Culture, back in the day, if a woman was left widowed and without children then a near relative was responsible for taking her in, bearing her children, giving them the deceased husbands name, and reclaiming their land.  Michael and I worked through what that would look like if her were to die (sounds morbid, but I promise we were just talking through it).  Michael asked me, "So why do you think that God had that law?"  In response I said, "I would guess so that God could show us His grace and love for us in taking care of us, as well as, to show His sovereign power.  I'll get into that more as I go through the book of, but just ponder on that for tonight.  God's good and perfect will.  He knows best.  He will take care of all of our needs.  Trust in Him.

4 comments:

  1. Those last few lines are great. Thanks for the reminder Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job, that is such an exciting opportunity! Isn't it so powerful to study the life of women of faith...it has been such an encouragement for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Awesome!!!! Glad you are following God's leading and listening to his voice. We have heard many great things about Legacy Prep. My friend and our pastor the Jenkins kiddos go there. Thanks for following along on our journey to China. We are still here and little one is doing better each and everyday. I look around at all these families adopting special needs kiddos and I just well up with tears. Amazing the faith these people have and showing Jesus' love. So Awesome to see!!!!!!!!!! These children are blessing our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the sweet notes! I have enjoyed reading all of your comments :) It's also nice to know that people out there are reading my blog! I have enjoyed it greatly!

    ReplyDelete