Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Compassion & Dilligence

Marriage is such an amazing thing!  God teaches you so much through your spouse and Michael and I are learning that more and more.  We finished up dinner tonight and were chatting about our day today.  (By the way, I think we listen best at the dinner table when we are face to face :)  When we finish Michael goes to our balcony to water the plants that we are growing...I'll post on those later!  He comes back in and was just really quiet.  That usually means something is bothering him.  So I ask him if there is anything wrong and he looks at me and says, "God is teaching me compassion!"  and my immediate reaction is laughter.

You see, just as I was getting better from this sickness thing and we had a wonderful evening last night laughing and being silly (like little kids really), I wake up this morning with this AWFUL crick in my neck!  What the heck?!?!  I was in a lot of pain!  I couldn't really move my neck and had to have him rub on it some before I left for work.  Throughout the day it didn't get any better!  So, I called him and we tried to get an appointment for the chiropractor.  That didn't work.  So, we thought about a massage.  I called around to several different people, places, and nothing sounded just right.  So then he suggests Massage Envy, which is where I have gone once before, so I give them a shout.  Not a problem!  Fits the schedule, budget, and everyone is happy!  In fact, my sweet husband even let me sign up so that I could go once a month!!  Isn't he the best??  I sure think so!

Fast forward to me laughing at him.  He looked at me in shock and said, "Why are you laughing?"  My response to him was simply, "God is teaching you compassion and me discipline!"  God is a good God and knows just exactly what we need when we need it!  I love that, but it's also a struggle sometimes.  We don't always want to step out of our comfort zones and do something different.  And sometimes we don't think the other person should act "that" way because we would never act "that" way.  You know what I mean, right?  Michael and I call these ought too's and should's.  Just because we do something one way means that every one should do it that exact same way, right?  WRONG!!  God uses these in our lives to grow us and mold us into the way that He wants us to live.  Michael and I are learning this, I would say, on a regular basis.  Tonight was just another example!

Lord, thank you for teaching me so much through my husband.  I pray that you continue to grow me and make me into the person that You want me to be.  I know I don't always like it, but I know it's best.  Continue to grow me as You see fit and change me for Your glory.


Dinner tonight = Chicken and Cabbage!  (The picture didn't turn out very good)

P.S.  My neck is feeling better and I pray that it feels100% by tomorrow :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittany,

    Glad you are feeling better. Love to see your posts and how God is working in your lives. Being married and having children is very sanctifying. :) You realize you have sin issues that you didn't know you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, you learn a lot about yourself! It is very sanctifying!

      Delete